British drama BAD GIRLS was created by Maureen Chadwick and Ann McManus. The series was shown on ITV over 7 years. Read some facts below that you may not already know.
1. In total Bad Girls ran for 107 episodes, with 8 series airing in total. It started on 1999, ending December 2006. Over 7 million tuned in per episode during the first season.
2. HBO (2002), FX (2006) and NBC (2012) have been developing remakes for an American version, but none have materialized.
3. Sylvia Hollamby (acted by Helen Fraser) was the only prison officer to appear in every series. The Two Julies (Kika Mirylees, Victoria Alcock) also appeared from Series 1-8.
4. The series is set in Larkhall, a fictional prison. The prisoners are all based in G Wing.
5. Shed Productions produced Bad Girls. The company was also behind shows such as Footballers' Wives and Waterloo Road. Shed joined Wall to Wall Media in 2007.
6. Based on the series, a musical was launched in 2006. It was aired at both West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds and Garrick Theatre, West End.